Platelet Rich Plasma or more commonly known as PRP is a revolutionized process to initiate the healing process of the body. The plasma is injected into a concentrated area in order to rejuvenate the skin and hair cells. Plasma is one of three components of blood and it helps in blood clot while bleeding. It also has proteins that promote the cell Platelet Rich Plasma or more commonly known as PRP is a revolutionized process to initiate the healing process of the body. The plasma is injected into a concentrated area in order to rejuvenate the skin and hair cells. Plasma is one of three components of blood and it helps in blood clot while bleeding. It also has proteins that promote the cell growth.
PRP therapy concentrates the growth factor of cells, thus enhancing the healing process and in the process rejuvenates the skin and hair. PRP treatment includes so many steps, starting from drawing of blood from patient’s body to preparing the injection to place it to the damaged part.
How PRP therapy works?
Following is the process that happens – Blood is taken from the patient’s arm (approximately – ml). A centrifuge machine is used to process the blood. The doctor then prepares the plasma for the injection. The injection site is cleaned and numbed before the treatment. Doctors injects the solution in a small amount to the site using a syringe and a needle.
Since the PRP process initiates the natural growth of cells, it works in many ways and helps to repair damaged areas of the body. It can be used for healing the skin, acne, stretch marks, and reduce hair fall. Let’s take a look at its benefits.
- For Skin Rejuvenation (Vampire Facial) – PRP is helpful for toning skin, improving the skin texture, removing the wrinkles and fine lines, and minimizing the pores.
- Stretch Marks & Acne Scars – Acne scars happens mainly because of too much or too less production of the collagen of the skin. This treatment is beneficial as it improves the natural healing power to produce collagen, thus improving the scar/ marks making it less noticeable.
- Under Eye Dark Circles – PRP is advised by dermatologists for under-eye dark circles. It promotes the growth of new cells and collagen and elastin in the area, giving you skin that is healthy.
- Wrinkles – PRP helps in self-reparation of the body by allowing the skin cells to regenerate the new layer of the skin tissue. It tightens the skin and makes it firmer and smoother.
- Open Pores – Open pores are a common problem for the people with oily skin. It is due to the excessive oil and dirt that makes the skin thicker. PRP treats the large pores by promoting the regeneration of the skin cells that lessen the depth of the pores
- Hair loss treatment – Increasing levels of pollution and stress are causes of severe hair fall. With PRP treatment hair fall is reduced and new growth is promoted due to the numerous proteins contained in it. These proteins serve as excellent growth factors for hair. Plasma when injected into the scalp, stimulates the follicles and results in re-growth of hair. It also heals internal injuries, that prevent hair growth.