Rhinoplasty is a type of plastic surgery that involves remodelling the nose to change its shape. A person can opt for a rhinoplasty not only for cosmetic purposes but also to improve breathing function.The versatility of rhinoplasty is beneficial to patients, but it does make the surgery highly complex, and thus rhinoplasty should not be performed by anyone but an experienced plastic surgeon.
If the issues are small, your surgeon may suggest Nonsurgicalrhinoplasty (filler rhinoplasty). This is a type of cosmetic rhinoplasty that uses dermal fillers to temporarily fill dips and irregularities in your nose. It can lift a droopy nasal tip or correct a small bump.
Surgical Rhinoplasty can be categorized as follows
- Aesthetic problems -improve structural aesthetic problems(side of the nose in relation to the face, the width of the nose, visible depressions or bumps on the bridge of the nose, the tip of the nose, the shape and width of the nostrils, the symmetry of the nasal passages)
- Genetic abnormalities -cleft lip and palate
- Nasal passage obstruction
- Deviated septum causing breathing difficulties
- Trauma or injury to the nose